World-class musicians...Time from the rhythm section was dead on...a nice melodic bass solo...spot-on Dreyer...Dreyer’s solo bass work was especially noteworthy for its good intonation in the thumb position...There was an easy depth to the music, if such is possible, as if the musicians were digging in hard, but were confident they were in touch with each other and that the audience felt that as well. The circle was closed. That’s what communication is about.—Steve Provizer, The Arts Fuse, February 27, 2018
Propulsive and responsive rhythm section—Kevin Lowenthal, Boston Globe, November 17, 2017
Read about late-in-life career transitions, including mine, in the Boston Globe, December 26, 2017.
- Friday March 22 2019, 8:00 pm. James Merenda's TickleJuice. at Outpost 186, 186½ (around the back) Hampshire Street, Cambridge MA 02139.
- Sunday March 24 2019, 7:00 pm. Lennie Tristano centennial. Harvey Diamond, piano; Richard Tabnik, saxophone; Austin McMahon, drums; Jon Dreyer, bass. At the New School of Music, 25 Lowell St, Cambridge MA. Walk from Harvard Square, take the #71 or #73 bus, or park free in the lot behind the school. (Tickets! more...)
- Tuesday March 26 2019, 8:00 pm. Jazz Jam with James Merenda's TickleJuice. At Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA 01702
- Monday April 1? 2019, 11:00 am. Bob Druckman, tenor saxophone; Tony Lenno, trumpet; Joe Lentino, trombone; Dave Magliozzi, accordion; Bob Tyler, woodwinds and piano; Jon Dreyer, bass; Fran Tyler, drums and vocals. Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, 4 Community Road, Marblehead MA
- Thursday May 9 2019. James Merenda, piano and Jon Dreyer, bass. 6:30-9:00 pm. Annual fundraiser for One Can Help. At the Windsor Club, 1601 Beacon St, Waban MA 02468
- Sunday June 9 2019, 4:00-7:00 pm. Jon's Jazz Jam. Jon Dreyer, bass. Chelmsford Center for the Arts, 1a North Road, Chelmsford MA.
Other performances by Harvey Diamond
- Saturday March 23 2019, 8:00 pm. Lennie Tristano centennial. Harvey Diamond and Dave Frank, duo piano; At the New School of Music, 25 Lowell St, Cambridge MA. Walk from Harvard Square, take the #71 or #73 bus, or park free in the lot behind the school. (Tickets! more...)
Please get in touch if you are looking for a bassist, cellist, or jazz duo, trio or larger group. Think about having live music at your next house party.