World-class musicians...a nice melodic bass solo...spot-on Dreyer...Dreyer’s solo bass work was especially noteworthy for its good intonation in the thumb position...There was an easy depth to the music, if such is possible, as if the musicians were digging in hard, but were confident they were in touch with each other and that the audience felt that as well. The circle was closed. That’s what communication is about.—Steve Provizer, The Arts Fuse, February 27, 2018
Propulsive and responsive rhythm section—Kevin Lowenthal, Boston Globe, November 17, 2017
Read about late-in-life career transitions, including mine, in the Boston Globe, December 26, 2017.
- Friday June 22 2018, 8:00 pm. James Merenda's TickleJuice. at Outpost 186, 186½ (around the back) Hampshire Street, Cambridge MA 02139.
- Sunday June 24 2018, 8:00 pm. The Harvey Diamond Trio with Harvey Diamond, piano; Jon Dreyer, bass; Miki Matsuki, drums. At the New School of Music, 25 Lowell St, Cambridge MA. Walk from Harvard Square, take the #71 or #73 bus, or park free in the lot behind the school. (tickets and more...)
- Tuesday June 26 2018, 8:00 pm. Jazz Jam with James Merenda's TickleJuice. At Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA 01702
- Sunday July 8 2018, 4:00–7:00 pm. Jazz Jam with Molly Flannery. Haley Peltz, vocals; Molly Flannery, piano; Jon Dreyer, bass; Miki Matsuki, drums., drums. Chelmsford Center for the Arts, 1a North Road, Chelmsford MA. Come listen, play, sing, hang!
- Tuesday July 10 2018, 8:00 pm. Jazz Jam with Jon Dreyer. At Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA 01702
- Saturday July 28 2018, 7:00 - 10:00 pm, vocalist Suzanne Cabot with Pamela Hines, piano; Jon Dreyer, bass. At Fish Restaurant & Wine Bar, 29 South Bolton Street, Marlborough, MA.
- August 5-August 11 2018, the Vermont Jazz Center Summer Workshop. There are concerts at the end of the week. At the Putney School, 418 Houghton Brook Rd, Putney VT 05346. Check the weather.
- 7:00 pm?, Saturday September 15 2018. Connie Diamond, vocals; Frank Wilkins, piano; Jon Dreyer, bass. Chelmsford Center for the Arts, 1a North Road, Chelmsford MA.
Please get in touch if you are looking for a bassist, cellist, or jazz duo, trio or larger group. Think about having live music at your next house party.