World-class musicians...a nice melodic bass solo...spot-on Dreyer...Dreyer’s solo bass work was especially noteworthy for its good intonation in the thumb position...There was an easy depth to the music, if such is possible, as if the musicians were digging in hard, but were confident they were in touch with each other and that the audience felt that as well. The circle was closed. That’s what communication is about.—Steve Provizer, The Arts Fuse, February 27, 2018
Propulsive and responsive rhythm section—Kevin Lowenthal, Boston Globe, November 17, 2017
Read about late-in-life career transitions, including mine, in the Boston Globe, December 26, 2017.
- Friday October 19 2018, 8:00 pm. Jazz concert with the Harvey Diamond Quartet featuring Harvey Diamond, piano; Phil Grenadier, trumpet; Jon Dreyer, bass; Austin McMahon, drums. At the New School of Music, 25 Lowell St, Cambridge MA. Walk from Harvard Square, take the #71 or #73 bus, or park free in the lot behind the school. (Tickets!, more...)
- Sunday October 21, 3:00–6:00 pm. Chianti Jazz Jam with Barbara Alex, vocals; Adrian Sicam, vocals; John Funkhouser, piano; Jon Dreyer, bass; Dean Johnston, drums. Chianti Tuscan Restaurant & Jazz Lounge, 285 Cabot St, Beverly, MA. Come Listen, play, sing, hang!
- Tuesday October 23 2018, 8:00 pm. Jazz Jam with James Merenda's TickleJuice. At Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA 01702
- Friday October 26 2018, 8:00 pm. James Merenda's TickleJuice. at Outpost 186, 186½ (around the back) Hampshire Street, Cambridge MA 02139.
- Saturday October 27 2018, 2:00-5:00 pm, the Swing Senders. Steve Taddeo, drums; Jon Dreyer, bass. Lincoln Council on Aging at Bemis Hall, 15 Bedford Rd, Lincoln, MA 01773
- Saturday October 27 2018, 9:00-12:00 midnight (lessons at 8:00). Rico Barr Jump 'n' Jive Review. Swing City Boston, West Cambridge Youth Center, 680 Huron Ave, Cambridge MA 02138
Please get in touch if you are looking for a bassist, cellist, or jazz duo, trio or larger group. Think about having live music at your next house party.