World-class musicians...Time from the rhythm section was dead on...a nice melodic bass solo...spot-on Dreyer...Dreyer’s solo bass work was especially noteworthy for its good intonation in the thumb position...There was an easy depth to the music, if such is possible, as if the musicians were digging in hard, but were confident they were in touch with each other and that the audience felt that as well. The circle was closed. That’s what communication is about.—Steve Provizer, The Arts Fuse, February 27, 2018
Propulsive and responsive rhythm section—Kevin Lowenthal, Boston Globe, November 17, 2017
Read about late-in-life career transitions, including mine, in the Boston Globe, December 26, 2017.
- Saturday, June 22 2019, 8:00 pm, The Harvey Diamond Quintet featuring Harvey Diamond, piano; Richard Tabnik, saxophone; Phil Grenadier, trumpet; Jon Dreyer, bass; Bob Gullotti, drums. At the New School of Music, 25 Lowell St, Cambridge MA. (Tickets online or at the door. More...)
- Tuesday June 25 2019, 8:00 pm. Jazz Jam with James Merenda's TickleJuice. At Amazing Things Arts Center, 160 Hollis St, Framingham MA 01702
- Saturday July 13, 8:00 pm. James Merenda's TickleJuice at the Mandorla Music Series. Third Life Studio, 33 Union Square, Somerville MA.
- August 4-August 10 2018, the Vermont Jazz Center Summer Workshop. There are concerts at the end of the week. Putney School, 418 Houghton Brook Rd, Putney VT 05346. Check the weather.
Other performances by Harvey Diamond
- Tuesday, July 30 2019, 7:30 and 9:00 pm. Harvey Diamond, piano; Cameron Brown, bass. at Mezzrow, 163 West 10th St, New York NY 10014. Tickets!
Please get in touch if you are looking for a bassist, cellist, or jazz duo, trio or larger group. Think about having live music at your next house party.